Automotive Training Programs - Workplace Safety Training
With an expertise in Automotive Technology, you will learn the skills required to pursue or enhance a variety of different levels of career paths like Automotive Technician, Service Parts Manager., Shop Foreman, Service and Repair Business Owner, Telephone (Hotline) Technical Assistance, Service Consultant, Automotive Technical Instructor, Field Service Representative, Manufacturer Representative, Engine Rebuilder etc.
Who Should Attend
Automotive Quality Engineers
Discussion on automotive industry
This article is for the people who are related to or want to know about automotive industry, especially manufacturing then you must have a look at this article. This article will talk about few things, like the automotive industry (obviously) and apart from that the main point of discussion will be Lean manufacturing. Not many of us know about it but that's why here we are. In this article we will find out what lean manufacturing is. Without any further delay, let's talk about it and maybe you would know something you didn't.
Firstly let's talk the automotive industry that is considered to be world's largest one. A wide range of companies as well as organizations are involved in this industry for designing, developing, manufacturing and selling of motor vehicles. But it doesn't include maintenance of automobiles and delivery to user-end such as automobile repair shops and fuel filling stations. Automotive industry is changing with the needs of our changing time. Automobile manufacturers are trying to make affordable cars that run on electricity.
Talking further about automotive we can see that it is a branch of automobile industry. It talks about manufacturing of parts of vehicles and when we talk about manufacturing the term “lean” comes into play. Lean manufacturing, what is it? Let's get the answer right now. So, lean manufacturing or production is the name given to the method of minimizing waste during manufacturing. That waste is obviously problem causing and can be caused either through overburden or through unevenness in work loads. This process make sure that whatever is added in that produce is valuable and eliminates anything which doesn't do that. The term lean is taken from the Japanese manufacturing industry. It is also defined as lean is that set of tools which helps in the identification and simultaneous elimination of waste. Lean has the following principles that improves efficiency of automotive industry and also cut costs. The principles are mentioned below.
- Kaizen process: According to the Japanese, Kaizen means ‘continuous improvement’. This tool says that for efficient and fast waste elimination the process must be improved continuously. In order to address the problem and find its solution in the same line process, Kaizen is implemented.
- Poka-yoke: What's the most important thing of an efficient manufacturing? It's that when mistakes doesn't turn into defects. The aim of poka-yoke is to prevent the same from happening. The most common example here is design of connectors. They must be designed efficiently to fit perfectly and that can be achieved through poka-yoke.
- Heijunka: This Japanese word refers to levelling. It is used to level the process of production to reduce batching. Heijunka is also used to ensure that the components produced each day are consistent. It sets a consistent number of components for a company to be produced everyday. You must see and manage your process in order to have continuous improvement.
- Just in time: According to this tool, products should be produced when the customer wants in the amount he needs them. What it focuses on is the working on a task and meet the demands, not more than that.
- One piece flow: It is the type of lean that takes on Work in progress products as well as production queues. In order to increase your work efficiency as well as quality you should limit your work in progress to a single item.
- Respecting human elements: If you are working with a team of people then you have to respect them. In order to perform consistently at high level it is really important. You must show them their goals, make them understand the purpose behind it, never overpower them. Not just this but you should maintain high accountability for failures and success, provide them stability as well as variety in tasks.
- Jidoka: Like poka-yoke, Jidoka is also a process that finds defects automatically and remove human error from this whole situation. Instead of a human to check for defects, a machine is used. When the machine detects an error it alarms the employees by a sound and they know something's wrong. Jidoka is also known as automation with a human touch.
So in this article we talked about automotive industry, lean manufacturing and its processes. Automotive industry is growing fast and working in this industry is beneficial. If one wants to work here then he or she must qualify its exams by taking automotive training. There are many centres in our country to provide automotive training.